Announcing a Challenging Book for Mathematically Talented Students
Introducing Gifted Students to the Wonders of Mathematics
Preparation for High School and Higher Mathematics, Grades 4 - 8
Francis T. Sganga
Educational Consultant Volusia County, Florida
Cost: $18.00 + $1.80 Postage & Handling = $19.80 Total Cost.
Suitable for use in Differentiated Mathematics Instruction, Preparation for Mathematics Competitions and Summer Mathematics Enrichment Programs at the Upper Elementary and Middle School Levels.
Discussions are based upon the author's extensive experience in teaching mathematics to gifted students. Each chapter is followed by detailed questions (Memory Checks), and answers are found in the Appendix.
Includes 24 High-Interest Hands-On Activities.
The chapters include challenging problems and explanations in Geometry and Algebra.
Detailed Discussions and Problems are included in the Following Mathematical Areas (Examples):
1. MATHEMATICS IN ART AND NATURE-Rectangles, Angles, Golden Rectangle and Ratio
2. GEOMETRIC CONSTRUCTION OF A GOLDEN RECTANGLE
3. CONSTRUCTING A SPIRAL INSIDE A GOLDEN RECTANGLE
4. USING GEOMETRY TO CREATE A SPIRAL
5. A WORLD-FAMOUS NUMBER NAMED PHI
6. THE PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM
7. LEARNING ABOUT PERIMETERS, AREAS AND GEOMETRIC NUMBERS
8. DERIVING THE FORMULA FOR FINDING THE AREAS OF PARALLELOGRAMS
9. FINDING THE VOLUME OF A SPHERE PHYSICALLY AND MATHEMATICALLY
10. RELATING ALGEBRA TO THE REAL WORLD
11. ADDING AND SUBTRACTING SIGNED NUMBERS ON A SLIDE RULE
12. CONSTRUCTING A "BINOMIAL SQUARE"
13. CONSTRUCTING A BINOMIAL CUBE
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE TABLE OF CONTENTS -
SEND YOUR CHECK OR PURCHASE ORDER TO: GIFTED EDUCATION PRESS; 10201 YUMA COURT; P.O. BOX 1586; MANASSAS, VA 20108.
TELEPHONE -- 703-369-5017. Email: email@example.com
ALL ORDERS UNDER $50.00 MUST BE PREPAID. THANKS!
Or Order through Amazon.com!
GO TO SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS PAGE
GO TO ADVANCED DIFFERENTIATED LEARNING PAGE
GO TO DIFFERENTIATED HUMANITIES PAGE
Please Click Me to the Key Words List for Helping to Locate Other Books and Particular Topics
RETURN TO GIFTED EDUCATION PRESS HOMEPAGE